Sustainable Agriculture Capital Grant Scheme
A 50% capital grant (60% Highlands and islands) pilot capital grant scheme has been launched to purchase specific items of agricultural equipment to support the delivery of direct Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reductions on Scottish farms and crofts.
The Application deadline is 11th October 2020.
- You must hold a Business Reference Number (BRN)
- Each item purchased is allocated a number of “Green Points” based upon it meeting the objectives of reducing Greenhouse Gas emissions
- Carbon audit and/or nutrient management pane and/or a veterinary health plan to be carried out between the period of 1st March 2017 and the 1st March 2020 will result in additional bonus green points
- Maximum amount available £20,000
- Any grant given is based upon the standard cost for example: if the standard cost is £7,500, but the actual amount paid is £7,000, they would pay 50% of £7,000 (or 60% if business is located in the Highlands and Islands)