Forestry and Renewables
Farm woodlands and forestry can be a useful source of tax free income and are important for firewood and timber production as well as for wildlife, sporting, conservation, shelter, amenity and flood alleviation purposes.
Our team of advisors can assist you with many aspects of forestry and woodland management including the following:
- Management of small farm woodlands and commercial forestry
- Preparation and submission of management plans and felling licences to the Forestry Commission.
- Advice and submission of grant applications for the creation of new woodlands and woodland improvement works.
- Engaging and overseeing forestry contractors from planting to harvesting of trees.
- Marketing and sale of timber.
- Valuation, sale and purchase of woodlands and planting land.
Farmers and landowners are often approached by companies looking to take Option Agreements over their land for renewable energy projects. Before committing to any agreements our team can advise clients on the following:
- Negotiating Heads of Terms including payments for Option and Lease Agreements for wind and solar farms.
- Negotiating terms for access and utilities over adjoining land owned by third parties for servitudes over their land.
- Rent reviews and amending the terms of existing leases for wind and solar farms.