This year to show our support for the wider community, we have decided to open the office as a food collection point in Longtown, Cumbria.
Because of the rising costs of food and fuel, combined with static income, high unemployment and changes to benefits, there is an increasing number of people in the Carlisle district who are going without food.
We welcome all of our tenants, landlords and friends to come down to the office between 18th November and 16th December to donate any food products or toiletries to those in need. This is the first time we have trialled anything like this and with your support we truly believe we can make a difference this Christmas to those in need of our help.
The shopping list below is a list of acceptable products:
- Milk (UHT or powdered)
- Small Sugar (500g)
- Long Life Fruit Juice (carton)
- Packet Soup
- Pasta Sauces (tin, jar or packet)
- Sponge Pudding (tinned)
- Custard (tinned or packet instant)
- Tomatoes (tinned)
- Rice Pudding (tinned)
- Small Box Tea Bags/Small Instant Coffee
- Instant Mashed Potato
- Tinned Meat/Fish
- Tinned Fruit and Vegetables
- Tinned Spaghetti
- Tinned Ravioli
- Biscuits or Snack Bars
- Pot Noodles
- Ring pulls on cans would be helpful especially for the homeless or alternatively tin openers could be donated.
- We also need toiletries, toilet roll, deodorant, shampoo, soap, nappies, baby wipes and household cleaning products.
Office open hours are Monday-Friday (9am to 5:30pm)
All donations will be donated this year to the Carlisle Food Bank. For more information please visit their website at www.carlislefoodbank.org.ukBack to Archive